What would the world be without 3 year olds?
Our sweet friends, the McElwains, hired Gehrig to care for their dogs while they traveled. It was his first 'job' and a great way to start teaching him about working and earning money. He already knows that Mommy & Daddy go to work to "make some money so we can buy food," but we have recently started talking with him about different ways we use the money we make. So, he's learning that you first give some to God, you save some and you spend some. Budget 101, right?
Well, the McElwains came over the other night to pay Gehrig (way too generously, I must add) and he was very excited. They handed it to him and he held some up and said, "I want to give this one to God!" I said, "Great! Would you like to go with Mommy & Daddy to big church on Sunday to give it to Him?" Pause, serious contemplation, and then...
"Is He THERE?"
As if to say, 'You know, I've heard all about this God and I'm ready to see Him!!' It was so cute. And a challenge to explain that yes, He is there (and everywhere), but we still can't see Him. B picked him up from his class early yesterday to join us at the end of the service. He surely was the most excited giver there! Funny how our kids teach us while we think we are teaching them.
Psalm 51:12: 'Restore to me again the JOY! of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you.'
Hard to believe June is over...pics are up!
2 comments:
so sweet - definitely a lesson in cheerful giving! and what responsibility, taking care of a dog and all! I think he is ready for his own dog now, don't you? :)
Hey Riki- What a sweet story. I can't wait to meet your little ones. I hope we can make that happen soon! Blessings!
Kelli (Jones) Smith
Post a Comment