Thursday, June 11, 2009

Wedding Days!

We haven't been to a wedding in quite a while (the product of getting older, I guess!) but ended up having two on consecutive weekends in May! My brother, Britt got married Memorial Day weekend! He and his sweet bride, Margaret planned a great weekend of festivities on Fripp Island. It was such a special family weekend. We loved it and are so happy for them!

Our siblings...

Gehrig had so much fun with his cousins. He and Nathan found a tree to climb while we got ready for the rehearsal.

Sweet cousins...Megan, Greer, Gehrig & Nathan.

Our great family!

The kids loved playing on the beach during the rehearsal. It was beautiful!

Lindsey, Slade & I put together a fun skit for Britt & Margaret's rehearsal dinner showing what the wedding could have been like if the Sellers family had planned it. It was based on some funny much-watched home videos. It was so funny!

The Bride & Groom!

I wish I had more time with Lin!

The boys.

One of my favorite times was Friday night's Meet & Greet with the friends and families. Music and dancing on the beach was so relaxing and fun. B's mom was so awesome to come with us and keep the kids so that we could be out later and enjoy visiting. Thanks, Mammaw!



The beach setting for the wedding was absolutely beautiful. I loved watching the kids play in their cute clothes...so sweet.



The happy couple with our immediate fam.

So much of my mom's family made the trip. It was so much fun to spend time with them over the weekend.

My sister, mom and me at the reception. We look happy because we were!

Mom and all the kids. :) I so wish that we all lived in the same town.

After all the wedding festivites, we finished out the weekend with relaxing and visiting, here at the pool with Papa and Rosie.



THEN, the next weekend, we traveled to Americus for our friends, Eric and Jessica's wedding. Although we don't have a picture of them, I can assure you that they looked beautiful and so happy! B and I enjoyed reminiscing about our wedding and visiting with some of their friends there.

While we were down that way, we stayed with our sweet friends, the Grubbs. Everyone thought Traci and I were sisters and we both loved it! We feel like we are, so that works out just fine. :) Their hearts for God continue to teach and grow us and we can't wait to be together again!

The full gallery from Britt & Margaret's wedding weekend is on the right! Now, I can start on June blogging!

No comments: