B was off work, so he joined the kids watching and waiting. (In addition to enjoying weather in general, he is just like a kid when it comes to anticipating snow...so cute.)
Around mid-afternoon, we started getting the first flakes. Seriously, we were excited about this much!
The Links came over to play in it with us. We had so much fun and learned quickly that we don't have adequate apparel for a snowstorm!












It came down in a serious way for several hours and finally slowed down around 10pm. We couldn't believe it when we measured and it was 6 inches!!
The kids were amazed! After coming in and getting out of their wet clothes. :)
And warming up with some hot chocolate...
And warming up with some hot chocolate...
The roads were rough, so we had a fun game night/sleepover with the Links. (Missed you, Pierces!!) The scenery the next morning was breathtakingly beautiful.












It didn't take long for the kids to get back out there to play!
And now, it is gone! I can't believe how quickly that much snow melted, but I'm thankful that we didn't have to deal with the mess of dirty slush and icy roads. The fun without the hassle...very nice.
I tried to explain to the kids that this was REALLY special (read: you may never see this again), but I'm sure that they will be hoping for it again next year. That includes B. :)



Yummy!

We were kind of pitiful in the sledding department...the kids loved this, but I'm not sure how much fun it was for B to pull them down the hill in the yard!






2 comments:
GREAT pictures!!! I love love love the "eating the snow" pic!!!!
GREAT pictures!!! I love love love the "eating the snow" pic!!!!
Post a Comment