Saturday, January 5, 2013

Siba Visit

We have always loved visiting my great-aunt Siba.  B and I especially enjoyed the several years we lived in Atlanta and were close enough to drive down easily for a night.  But moving further away and having three kids and too many things going on has kept us from getting there as often as we would like.  As we visited with Dad/Papa in Atlanta for Christmas, we realized that we had a great opportunity to go see her as we left there on New Year's Eve.

We got there a little before lunch and delivered her 2013 picture calendar from all the Sellers kids.  She loved it :)


All of Dad's Hewitt cousins live within walking distance from her too, so we were so grateful to visit with two of them and see Glenn's new home too.  They are all so fun and sweet!  Greer especially bonded with Angie :)  


Such great memories of this awesome magnolia in her yard...best climbing tree ever!


Our kids loved her, as all do.  She speaks their language and is so patient while they warm up to their surroundings.  Garner napped and the big kids played with Siba, Papa and Rosie while B and I walked down to Glenn's.  It was kind of like a date for us for a couple of hours :)



I found lots of pictures on the camera later...Greer enjoyed herself while we were gone ;)




We really loved our relaxing day there.  I miss my visits and late night chats/game-playing with Siba.  I hope that we can make it more of a regular occurrence too so the Gs will have the same sweet memories that I do there.  We love you Sib...and will see you again soon :))

No comments: