Sunday, March 24, 2013

randoms in feb

All cuddling up and reading in Mama and Daddy's bed on a Saturday morning :)


Greer :)


"Mama, yook at me!"


Another Greer creation...with cheese this time


Found this in the mess of her room...pause and smile :)


Assisting in the kitchen and looking so grown all of a sudden...


Couldn't help but snap this pic one morning, thinking about how easily I could have missed these precious days if I had followed my own plan for my life...


Boho chic?  She dressed herself and was so proud.  I couldn't break her spirit, so off to school we went :)


Testing Newton's laws and PJ day at co-op...




And another pic of Greer's cute class making valentines crafts :)


A beautiful weather day...thankful for flexibility to occasionally postpone schoolwork for a few minutes for fresh air and family time :)




He loves to read now...one of my favorite outcomes of homeschooling and all the reading we do as a family


Although he is hungry all the time (growing boy thing, I guess), he is the.slowest.eater.ever and ends up staying at the table after we're done and cleaned up


After finishing my 2012-read-through-the-Message-version-of-the-Bible in February 2013 ;), I turned to this year's focus. I stink at slowing down for prayer time.  Reading and studying the Word are easier for me since it is doing, but the calm and stillness of prayer gets put off in this busy stage of life.  I long for that time with the Lord.  I gathered some prayer-focused reading materials, will be studying scripture on praying and look forward to more consistency and growth in my daily pausing.  Pray for me to be a better pray-er?  Thanks :)


Tough couple of days...lots of time-out in the reading chair beside Mommy and no interest in wearing a hair bow (only because I suggested it).  So thankful it's not like this all the time.  It's exhausting and so sad!



Garner and I went on a Saturday morning date to a birthday party for her little co-op friend, Henry.  She loved the dinosaur hat party favor.  So fun and cute!






Loved having an overnight visit from the Owens!





Presidents Day learning



Sweet sisters



Before I could get on to Greer for writing in her Bible, she said, "I underlined my Bible like you do, Mama."  :)


Treats and snuggles


Her smile melts me


Decided to paint their homemade crystals while I was on a phone call one day...homeschoolers :)


I remember my mom driving the kid wagon...crazy to be doing the same!  Had a few extras from three different families one afternoon :)


Usually they sleep on the top and bottom bunks of Greer's room...but have recently been pulling out the  trundle to be a little closer.  I can't wait to show them this when they are teenagers and don't have quite the same affection for each other :)


March will be coming up...but it's our craziest of the year, so we're a bit behind.  On everything :)

No comments: