Friday, February 20, 2015

hermitting

As much as we love going and doing, there's a loveliness to turning inward for a few days after a busy holiday season.  We start school as B is back to work, but otherwise don't have many of our extra-curricular activities that first week of a new year.  Knowing all that was coming the following week, the kids and I ended up not leaving the house for 5-6 days...and it was lovely.  

Game time with Daddy at night...


Greer's closet playtime :)





Quiet time for Mama with coffee instead of diet coke!  January 5th was a year now since I gave up DC...so thankful.  Though cravings continue, I think they are finally less often :)


Garner Bug saying Genesis 1:1.  Our church is learning a verse each week in 2015, as outlined in the book The Joshua Code.  We love the focus on the Word and scripture memory and love working on it as a family...


More games...


And company!  Somehow I missed pics of our Sprouse buds, but we had a great time with them visiting one morning.  Gehrig enjoyed a break from schoolwork to make football plays while the mamas chatted :)



I so love watching them create and play...they can make fun anytime and anywhere and with or without toys.  The naming of their tricks here crack me up :))


She wants to get dressed first thing every morning and then changes multiple times during the day... all while having a mama who is so excited to not have to consider changing out of pjs for this glorious week! So funny and cute...


Hot cocoa for our morning snack break :).  The temperatures were in the teens that week too, so it made it even easier to stay inside, with the warm and cozy...


Links day!  Loved having them one day for school and play...fave views :)








And silly fam video-making :))


I think B was worried about me a little that I was so happy to stay put for so many days, but with plenty to do there, sweet friend visits and busy weeks ahead, it was honestly so therapeutic :)...maybe I should see about scheduling it in a couple more times in the year :))

No comments: