Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Party

Gehrig chose a dinosaur theme for his 4th birthday party. God provided a gorgeous day for us to enjoy at the park, and wonderful friends and family helped us celebrate our sweet boy.

Enjoying pizza for dinner in the pavilion.

We are so grateful for great friends from church, school and our neighborhood. Gehrig loves them all so much and had a great time with them!

Eric served as our official paleontologist! He was so great with the kids, helping them with the big excavation and convincing them of the authenticity of their finds (popsicle sticks serving as bones, fake coins and plastic dinosaurs). The kids were in awe of him and the dig. It was awesome! Thanks, Eric, for all your help!




Jenn helped me find the great dinosaur-themed activities. Another was a dinosaur hunt around the playground. We hid them beforehand and Meredith found almost all of them while most of the other kids were excavating!

Madi found one!

Playground fun!


So mad that this keeps rotating!! I kept it because it's so cute...just tilt your head to enjoy! :)

A great friend + google = great party ideas! Jenn also found some dirt cake recipes that were delicious and fun. The kids decorated their cups of dirt with gummy dinosaurs and dinosaur eggs (jelly beans).
.
Singing the birthday song to our boy!
.
Make a wish!
.
Greer helped herself to some jelly beans without permission. Madi knew that she was not supposed to! Are they cute together or what?

With all the outside playing, we didn't get to the presents until we got home. It was a fun time to spend as a fam, with Pa & Aunt Gretchen. Gehrig got so many fun things! Thank you all for the great presents!!


More on turning 4 soon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I turned my head, and the pic was too cute! I agreed with your executive decision to leave it in. I was also a fan of the head paleontologist :) So sad I missed all the fun!

We are the Smith Family said...

What a fun day!!!!! I love all the dino ideas!