Before leaving Saturday (early!) morning, we went to B's game on Friday night. Though our team did not do well on the football field, it was a meaningful night with the Virginia Tech band, cheerleaders and Hokie mascot coming to honor one of the VT victims who was from this area. I have never heard a more powerful arrangement of Amazing Grace! The thousands were silent and it was impossible to be unmoved. I was so impressed with how genuine everyone from VT seemed about being there. It had to be a lot of work for them and they were precious. It had to mean the world to his family. I was glad it wasn't the band playing my Alabama on Saturday, because it would have been hard to pull against them!
Even these cute rugrats were quiet during the performances... otherwise, not so much! :)

More on the weekend to come...
1 comment:
What sweeties....I LOVE IT!!!
Post a Comment