No one signed up to coach Gehrig's tball team this fall. As much as B would love to coach Gehrig's little league teams, his work schedule is crazy during football and baseball season. But when he got the call that their team would have to disband if B didn't take over as coach, he couldn't refuse. I know that it was a lot on him, but I am so thankful that he did it. He is such a good coach and is amazing with kids!
And Gehrig? At the very first practice, I heard him in the dugout say to a teammate, "See that guy over there? He's the coach...and he's MY dad!" Absolutely-melt-your-heart-proud.




The cheerleader. :)
Trophies!
It was a good, quick, busy season. A couple of Evans' ball players helped B coach as part of their senior project and did a great job!! Goodbye tball field until the spring!
2 comments:
LOVE the "that's my dad" line! Priceless!
THank you B for stepping up - it was wonderful having you as the coach of our formidable boys. I hope you'll be able to encourage them in the spring too...no pressure-:) I know it'll be even tougher with your spring schedule. Riki, I loved the girl time together as we attempted to calm the monkeys in the cage. I'm sorry we missed the trophy party - we didn't know about it but Shannon thinks we wouldn't have been able to be there anyway. Being that it's thanksgiving, let me remind you how thankful we are for your friendship and constant encouragement. We love you guys!!!
Post a Comment