A local church put on a hayride through the life of Christ. They did a great job of telling His story and presenting the gospel while entertaining all ages. Gehrig loved it and had lots of questions about each scene..."Is that the REAL John the Baptist??" etc. It brought so many of the Bible stories that he's heard to life. It was free and close to home too...sounds like a new tradition!
We got to make cookies for our sweet neighbors. While B stayed home, the kids and I delivered them. When we got home, Gehrig said, "Dad! You should come with us next time...it's really fun!"



The Pierces came over for some fun visiting...the kids watched a few minutes of some Christmas movies and then just enjoyed playing and eating cookies. They are so cute... :)


After we put Greer to bed that night, the boys and I watched "The Nativity Story." It told the story better than I've ever seen and was beautifully done. Gehrig asked questions throughout the whole thing that led to great God discussions...some harder than others to explain! (Circumcision?!) We all came away with a better focus and understanding of the whole reason we do Christmas! So glad that Greer's Ms. Windy passed it on to us.Another night, we went to Lights of the South. It was COLD!! The kids squealed with delight and amazement through the whole ride. The woman next to us said, "I sure wish I was that excited!" ...which could be translated, "Wow, they are loud!" :)





.
Awesome snowman treats...
Awesome snowman treats...Today, it's raining and we plan to stay in our PJs all day. Ahhh, Merry Christmas!!!













5 comments:
Love to hear about all your Christmas traditions. We are having the same kind of rainy day. I thank God for your family and friendship.
what fun! Thanks for sharing your pictures. Greer couldn't be cuter if you tried...-:) Love her stockings, skirt & boots! The Nativity Story is being televised at 8:00 tonight - we have it set to tape!
Merry Christmas!!! What fun!!!
Merry Christmas!!! What fun!!!
what fun family traditions! i have thought a lot this year about what i want to continue/start to do every year. isnt it great having the hubby home during the holidays!
Post a Comment