Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Whole Handful

I am usually sad and sentimental the night before our kids' birthdays...hanging on to the last moments that they are that age and wishing they didn't have to keep growing up. However, this time I didn't feel so much that way. I think I accepted that Gehrig wasn't a baby anymore when he turned from 3 to 4, so this time I could only think about how much I love this stage of his life. He is so mature and funny and sweet and smart. I couldn't be prouder of him. AND this was the first year that he really counted down the days to his birthday...it was hard to be sad when he is SOOooo excited to be 5!

The traditional night before pics...
.


Lazy birthday morning watching TV :)

Crazy hair sister!

Donuts for breakfast!!




Daddy threw Gehrig the best birthday party at the Evans baseball field. He cleaned out the locker room and set lockers up for all the boys, complete with hats, shirts and new baseballs. With the help of some players, they stretched, hit in the cages and worked on fielding. Afterwards, they got powerades from the concession stand and enjoyed birthday cake. It was so much fun!

The locker room...


Lining up in the dugout...


Seeing their stuff in the locker room :)



Warming up!



In the cages...they all did so well! Everyone made contact with the ball, even from the pitching machine!




Younger siblings playing outside the cages...so cute.


Mads joined us for cake and presents towards the later part of the party!

Five candles!
.
Lots of blue powerade and happy boys :)

Girlies

Present time...

Finishing out the party riding the golf cart, or tractor, as our kids insist on calling it.

Birthday dinner with our extended fam, the Links.

Couldn't leave this out...by trying to cool off her dinner there, Mommy made the huge mistake of cutting Greer's corn dog. I learned my lesson! So sad :(

Scooter from Mom & Dad

Rounding out a great day reading the Dinosaur A-to-Z book from the Links...perfect.

I love this boy like crazy...love his tender heart and his amazing mind. He loves the Lord and his favorite creation, the dinosaur. He sits literally for hours coloring and cutting out dinosaurs from coloring books. He is doing so well learning to read and is the sweetest big brother to Greer and to new baby. It has been so much fun to just hang out with him and listen to what he is thinking about and how he sees the world. So far, we think he is mathematically and musically inclined. He is my friend and a great helper. He memorizes scripture so easily and loves being with his friends.
.
Thank You Lord for giving us Gehrig. We pray that he will know, love and follow You with his whole heart all of his days. Happy birthday Gehrig!!

No comments: