Though it's crazy that I have an 8-year-old, I admit that he really seems older to me a lot of the time these days. I love just hanging out with him and enjoying conversation and feel like he is a bit more growny than I imagined he would be at this age. He looks more like his daddy every day and he's sweet and laid back like him too. I love how he is the firstborn with tendencies to obey and be responsible but without being easily uptight or stressed.
He made the best decision of his life this year, acknowledging his need for the Lord and accepting Him as Savior. He knows the Word so well already, continues to favor the Action Bible and contemporary worship music and still says Rom 3:23 is his favorite verse. His favorite things include football and baseball, art, animals and co-op. He has the best group of buddies I could ever hope for him to have, including some that he's known since birth and some new ones, some local and some out-of-town. He l.o.v.e.s. social time and constantly asks when the next set of plans are to get together.
He's been busy this year with church, 2nd grade homeschooling, co-op, art and Latin classes, baseball (pitching machine) and tennis lessons. He would live at the field(s) with Daddy and recounts games play-by-play for anyone who'll listen. Favorite school subjects include Bible, geography, history and art and he does not enjoy creative writing. About midway through this year, he really started enjoying reading and is currently reading through all the Narnia books. We truly believe that newfound love has developed because of all the reading we do together as part of his schoolwork...and it makes my heart so happy :). He is detail-oriented and gets wrapped up in "projects" easily...usually involving drawing, coloring, cutting and making something related to whatever he's into at the moment.
Our girls are so fortunate to have him as the best big brother. He is so patient and kind to them, and loves spending time with them. He and Greer still share a room at night to talk and read until they fall asleep...Garner will love joining them when she is big enough :). He is cold-natured and athletic and still snuggly. He can be sensitive and teary sometimes, especially when you show disappointment in him...and picks up on so much that we don't realize until he asks or talks about it with us later.
He loves well, teaches me much and I'm so thankful for him and thankful that I get to be his mama. Happy birthday, sweet boy. I love you so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment