Tuesday, September 27, 2016

eleven

I've loved being this boy's mom so much.  He is equal parts type-A and laid-back which makes for both a dependable and enjoyable personality :).  The first-born side of him means that he is a rule-follower, likes to know the plan for the day/week, organizes and cleans well and doesn't do much outside of the box. But his sweet daddy's side of him makes him go-with-the flow and kind-spirited...so easy to get along with.  He deeply loves his family and his friends and already seems to understand the gift and importance of relationships over anything else...and has an incredible group of buddies that we are so thankful for.

Favorite things at 11?  Sports, of course :).  He loves football, baseball and golf especially, but would probably jump into playing anything that was available.  He still likes drawing and reading and seems especially into music this year, particularly Christian artists such as Lecrae, NF, Jonathan Thulin, KB and Capital Kings.

School-wise, he is so smart.  We finished up elementary school this year and have loved him being home this whole time.  He has consistently scored amazingly well on testing and been a great student and is ready for a new adventure as he enters public school for the first time at his daddy's middle school.  I think I'm ready too, but won't be surprised if I shed a few tears that first day!  The girls and I will definitely miss him so much, but we're excited for him too.

He completed his last year of Bible thrills this March and it was one of my favorite programs ever. I'm so thankful for the Word knowledge he has and the understanding of so many practical ways to live out truth.  He can be a worrier at times, but is learning (along with his mom) to give that over to the Lord and trust Him.  This age is bringing such great conversation and hanging out time...it makes me excited for our relationship stages coming.

I always take forever on the birthday posts because I feel like I'm leaving some big things out.  So beyond thankful for him, can't get enough of his cute freckles and long flippy hair, and love our nightttime talks best of all...can't believe you're 11 :)).  (Birthday eve pic...


Our sweet buddies brought birthday donuts, cards and a gift :))



And Daddy found Gehr a new (used) set of clubs...perfect :)


He got to use them quickly on the course with his two best guys :)



Happy birthday, Gehr!  We love you so much :)

No comments: