Saturday, September 19, 2009

Home Time

Just about the time that we were growing a little road-weary from the summer travel, school started back and we settled back into our fall home routine...it has been nice! With the kiddos getting older, we are starting more family-time traditions and doing more at church. We're also having fun at Daddy's football games, helping with FCA, playing (and coaching!) tball and loving watching college football on Saturdays together. Busy, but not crazy hectic. We are trying so hard to keep from letting life turn into a rat race for our family!! Being home almost every weekend the last couple of months has helped us catch up some at home and feel more relaxed. I love that there are different "seasons" of going and being home. So nice to have both.

One of our favorite "home" activities is being with the Links. We missed them a lot this summer as both of our families traveled a good bit and we missed out on our daily playtime. It's been nice to get back into that! (One of the things Greer says the most these days is "I want Jenn's house!" :))

Greer & Madi trying on some new clothes.

Madi is so patient and easy-going with Greer climbing and hugging all over her. They have their own understanding about it and think it is really fun!

I love these girls!

The Gs love to play and ride bikes outside!



And Greer...well, she just always, ALWAYS, finds a way to get very dirty...and usually wet. Good thing she is a 2nd child. I am much more relaxed about seeing her like this than I would've been if she had been 1st!

Fun playtime with friends, Pierces & Links...beautiful Princesses Fin, Greer & Mads.

One of many (I'm sure) dates for Beckett and Greer. :)

The big kids...

Just hanging out, looking at a toy magazine. "I want..."


And we love outdoor family fun! For the past few years, we have gone to an annual local arts festival. This time, it was especially fun since Gehrig is old enough to really enjoy arts & crafts. He thought making this clay pot was super cool.

They had areas set-up representing different countries. In Peru, G got to hold a snake! :)

Greer didn't have quite the attention span to make it through all the crafts herself. So, she just took turns loving on Mommy & Daddy.

In the sidewalk chalk area...hot.

Finishing out our day going to "China" for lunch...

Blessed and grateful.

2 comments:

We are the Smith Family said...

What fun....I can't believe how big they are getting...and how much Greer's hair is growing...and curling!!!

Lindsey Poulos said...

Oh my word! That child looks just like you did in pictures at that age. Seriously, you are going to start getting comments like I do about Meg.