Thursday, November 10, 2011

4Yr Old Appointment

B took Gehrig for the infamous 4yr checkup so I hadn't had the experience yet.  But I wasn't so lucky this time and took Greer to hers.  She did great for the checkup, weight & height checks, vision and hearing tests and flu mist.  

But then...four shots in her legs.  It was really hard and sad.  I was never one who was too emotional when they got shots as babies since I knew they really didn't know what was going on, but goodness, she knew this time.  And even once we left, she was so pitiful and kept looking at me with sad eyes, saying "It willy hurts, Mama."  

So, although, we are being super careful about spending money eating out, it called for an outing for frozen yogurts with treat toppings.  After 2 bites, she said with a slight smile, "It's making my shots feel better, Mama."  Worth every penny.


 I didn't know 4 looked this big :(



The supportive big brother treat :)


Wondering what everyone else has...


While she eats the same-ole Cheerios


All is better now 


And then, the Pierceys joined us to grab a slice of pizza since it was lunch time...watching the guy make the dough.


Garner with her Maymay


Speaking of a well-child checkup, can't help but think about how thankful I am for good health for our kiddos.  And thankful for vaccinations and medical advances that protect them from so many illnesses.  Thanks God :)

No comments: