I spend most of my time here scrapbooking our family memories...not so much blogging in the sense of journaling. That's great and fun and serves its purpose. But I have a rare moment to add something more along that journaling vein. Something I want to put down more often, but the whole time thing just gets in the way.
For whatever reason, I've been in a pretty decent funk the past week or so. By God's grace, I rarely find myself here. I can't say that my circumstances have changed or I have any less to be thankful for. Just tired probably and missing my peeps who live far away, worn out from constant going and giving and living and loving and working...longing for a little rest and community and downtime and fellowship with my kindreds.
So, a couple of days ago, we sat in church and listened to a guy mention the need for community...to make sure you have others who remind you of scripture and encourage you when you need it and lead you to Him at the perfect times. Already dug pretty deep into my funk, it lead me to feel further sorry for myself and miss that structured time with others since we've been serving and out of a small group for awhile and also living away from our closest buds...add then the time-draining life of homeschooling and three small kids and baseball season and working parttime, etc. etc.
And then tonight, this...
I want no other rock to build upon than that I have,
desire no other hope than that of gospel truth,
need no other look than that which gazes on the cross...
If I am tempted and have no wit,
give me strength enough to trust in Him...
From where? My bestie. Shared in an email. At the perfect time.
Community.
All the time I felt I was missing out on something and longing for that encouraging, soul-quenching reminder of Him...and what do I have?
That exact thing.
Sometimes He blows my mind. I think He would all the time if I let Him. Funk dissolved. What a change in perspective...thank You Lord and thank you to my sweet friend :).
No comments:
Post a Comment