Thursday, April 19, 2012

Jekyll Day 3

We finished up our trip with a half day...it may have been my favorite.  

First on the schedule: North End Study.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, the north end of the island is eroding.  We were back again with Brittany :) and she explained how it had come to be and what has been done to try to stop it.  Nothing has worked so far and in the meantime, it has created an amazing beach...





Incredible to see how God can turn death and dying into beauty...



Walking through...wish I would've heard more of what she said, but was too busy taking pictures :)








My sweet boy...



This tree's original roots are the ones going outward...they started growing down as the beach eroded, trying to hang on...


WOW


Fun :)


And finally: Salt Water Fishing





All spread out...



Baiting his hook


Our group caught several things...some fish, a sting ray and 2 sharks.  Gehrig caught one of the sharks! And I just wanted one of the helpers down the beach who knew what they were doing to come tell us what to do :)





We had so much fun that I told B that I want to get fishing gear before our beach trip this year!  Not my typical request. :)


All the kids wrote their names in the sand before we left...


Silly group pic as we say goodbye :)


I would so recommend this trip to anyone who has the opportunity!  Just come with lots of bug spray and long sleeves/pants or at a time of year when bugs aren't quite so plentiful.  I'm so thankful for the time I had alone with Gehr and his buddies too.  It's been a long time since he was my only :)

No comments: