We love Easter.. love this time of year: the coming out from winter and new life budding everywhere, the happy colors and fun outdoor activities, the eggs and bunnies and chicks and candy. But mostly, there is no more important or wonderful celebration than the one that focuses on the sacrifice and victory of Jesus dying and rising again to bring salvation to us all. It is what we live for and what brings hope to the otherwise aimless life on earth. Thank You, Jesus!
This was a year where Holy Week and Masters Week were one in the same. I always hate that because B can't celebrate and worship with us, but it was exciting this year for him to get one of the CEOs (the real kind, not the Christmas-Easter-Onlys :)) to visit our church Easter morning while they were in town for the tournament!
Some goodies that morning before church...
Daddy left us a passage to read along with a sweet note about his love for us and the Lord...and his sadness about missing the morning with us. And though we hadn't been able to follow every day of the Easter tree devotional because of our travels, we read the last one together and put the pic on the tree.
Trying to get the Easter pic before leaving for church...Greer was upset about something. Maybe her hair? Or the shoes I picked for her? I can't remember :)
Garner made her smile!
After church, Daddy got a quick break to meet us for lunch! It was a great treat to see him and talk all about the morning. We are so thankful for a great gig for him each year during the Masters but are always so ready for him to be home by Sunday!
We tried for pics one more time after lunch...here are the best ones :)
Greer loves her Sweetpea Beauty from her basket...
Love her!
And Gehr...oh why does God bless us with these moments despite our undeserving? He loves his new Easter gift, Jesus Calling for Kids devotional and has jumped right into his own quiet times each day. I told him he could just pick up in the April devotions, but he wanted to start at the beginning to not miss anything. He said, "Can I read more than one a day? I wish that God would make it so I could stay up all night and read." Makes my heart melt...
Night, night Sweetpea :)
All of this and more, we owe to what He did for us...we are forever grateful to You, Lord. Hosanna to the King of Kings!!!










No comments:
Post a Comment