We usually go for our girls' weekend later in the year, but wanted to go before baby Link arrives this summer to make sure all 7 of us could be there. We headed to the beach for the first time instead of Atlanta or Greenville...I think we're on to something :)
Katie picked me up for the drive down...it was so nice to have riding time to catch up with her!
Not too many places I'd rather be...
Chatt girls were already on the beach when we arrived...didn't take us long to join them!
Already feeling refreshed from an afternoon with them :)
We hit a fave for dinner, Lowcountry Backyard. It never disappoints. Suz & Jenn completed our crew by joining us in time to head that way :)
We got back to the condo for a little surprise Link baby shower...
Saturday consisted of laying on the beach, bocce ball, reading, napping, going for a walk on the beach and just chatting with these sweet, godly, easy-going, genuine friends. With no worries about the clock or schedules or responsiblity. It was so relaxing and encouraging.
Dressed and ready for dinner again...
An hour wait at Boathouse was actually lovely...chatting on a beautiful night with live music overlooking the water? Sure :)
So love her and can't wait to meet the newest Link :)
Table pics
Had to document. One of those pesky bugs who flies around crazily got caught up with us on the way home...so impressive, Kim!
Not my best game, but so funny! Love laughing with them :))
I think we've decided the beach is the locale for future girl weekends. It was so so wonderful and relaxing and easy. Katie and I headed back Sunday, enjoyed another visit on the ride and refueled for getting back to real life. Love all you girls and looking forward to 2014!
Can't say enough about the daddies keeping the kiddos for us to be away...a really perfect way to honor and serve and love us for this Mother's Day weekend. As always, we were so happy to be reunited! B texted while Katie and I were driving, asking us to meet him and the Gs at one of my fave places for a Mother's Day brunch. Happiness and love :)
And to top it all off, I got a 2hr nap, dinner on the grill, kiddos playing nicely in the yard and some dark chocolate. I'm not the gift-receiving type, but yummy food and quality time and rest...those are my love languages, for sure :)
With a full and thankful heart, R








No comments:
Post a Comment