I think the bigs were awake by 5am on Christmas morning, which made us grateful we told them to stay put until we came to get them at 7:15! I love their excitement and will be so sad one day when they are too big for that...it has made Christmas that much better these last few years. Mammaw and Pots got here late on Christmas Eve and we all gathered in the living room first thing for some reading and worship. This year, B read the Christmas story from the much-loved Jesus Storybook Bible and we sang Christmas carols together in worship. SO love :)
Soon after, the present opening commenced :)
I pause here to caption the next few pics because it was the sweetest moment of the morning! The backstory... Greer was never as attached to her pacifier when she was little, so it wasn't tough to stop using it and thus, she didn't get a replacement "Pappy" like Gehrig did when we weaned him from his. Sometimes she has mentioned that she only has a lovey but no Pappy, so sometime over the last month, Gehrig drew and cut out and colored and stuffed with cotton balls a Pappy that looks identical to his. Then he wrapped it and put it under the tree for her. None of us knew anything about it! She was so excited and still says that it was her favorite gift all Christmas. I'm pretty sure that it was my favorite too :))
Stockings! Trying to soak up the sweetness of these young years when a pack of gum is so exciting!!
Gehrig's favorite stocking stuffer...NFL teeny mates :)
After opening gifts, we had a yummy breakfast. Part of it included these beauties from Mammaw...I had to take a pic :)
Playtime! It is so nice to be home and relaxed all day. Garner had picked this baby out at Target, saying "She is soooo pwetty, Mama!" I thought so too and knew that the potty would be a hit since we just went through the training process with Garner too. She and Greer named her Mackenzie :)
Rainbow-looming and other playtime
So thankful they come to share the morning with us!
Pa arrived in the afternoon and with him, more gifts. What are these for, Pa? ;)
Garner's sweet Sofia doll
And a crossbow for Greer!
The rest of Gehrig's gift! He is sooooo excited to have his first gun (BB)...
Outside to practice and play...
I joined them and...
...that '9' is mine!!!
Walked back in to Greer trying out her new pet wii game among the Christmas chaos :)
And Pa got the potty tutorial from Garner :)
All in all, a sweet and very merry Christmas!! We are so grateful that our Savior came for us and loves us more than we will ever know. Truly the best news ever!
And the house on December 26th! I've never had such an itch to take down decorations, but with upcoming company and travel, we were motivated more quickly. It actually felt nice...
Especially knowing that there was still more Christmas to come :))

























No comments:
Post a Comment