Monday, September 2, 2013

last july post :)

The weekend we got home from FCA camp, Garner got pretty sick.  After all was said and done, we are pretty convinced that it was ecoli poisoning.  So sad to watch her belly hurt so much and struggle with fever and keeping anything on her stomach.




She did well taking meds and finally starting eating better.  Unfortunately, she had another quick relapse at the beach after this...



I love to read and could post a book (or two) that I'm into every month, but this summer's reads have been really practical and helpful at this stage of life for us.  I mentioned the first one in my last post...


...and this one is a MUST for parents.  Lots to learn for me!


In the midst of all the July travel and visiting, we had a few days of downtime at home too.  Love this time together!




And I love this boy!  A combined love of sports and reading naturally led to this choice of a sports how-to book at the library.  I watched him study and practice throwing different types of pitches forever one afternoon :)


One afternoon, the big dam just down the road from us scheduled their first water release in many years.  B took the bigs to see it.  So cool to watch them open 22 of the 23 flood gates, one at a time!






From the top of the dam...


Swim team awards ceremony...the kids loved getting their trophies for this summer from their cute coaches...




And finally got what he'd been asking for all summer :)


So, this little stinkpot is thinking about growing up a little.  We're not sure that any of us are ready, but she had a couple of days in July where she was convinced it was time for big girl panties and a big girl bed.  We appeased it for a little while, but then all decided we weren't there yet and went back to babyhood after a couple of days :)






Loved this pic with the Lord kiddos from a lunch date at their house.  They are so fun to be with!


My sweet K5-ers at church and their message one Sunday morning.  It pretty much says it all...


And love these SC co-op friends!  We are so blessed with friends that we've gotten to know through co-op.  We all met up for lunch after church one day and really did have a great time, despite my girls pouting in the pic ;)



Can't believe summer is gone again!  I'm hopeful that August posts will be done a little quicker and I'll be caught up to September in no time :)

No comments: