We decided to start a new tradition this year of setting aside a Saturday as a family day before school (and routine and busyness) started again. The only rule was that it was just the five of us...and after an expensive summer, we also planned activities that were free or close to it. :)
We first stopped at our favorite retirement home to visit, but our friends were busy with music class so we headed out for our next stop, the lake. The weather was absolutely gorgeous...couldn't believe how nice the breeze was in early August! This summer has been awesome. We had packed a lunch and found a great campsite that wasn't being used on a peninsula.
After lunch, we spent time watching the boats, exploring, skipping rocks, throwing the football, painting nails, finding crickets, goofing off and just relaxing.
After a couple of hours, the kids couldn't resist the temptation any longer ;)
We walked back from the peninsula to the playground area for some swinging to air dry :)
I think I could've stayed out there all day. It's so nice to have such a great area so close by. We headed home for naps and playtime at home and then for dinner, we ate pizza and ice cream! At the same time :)
After dinner, we had planned a family movie night, but the kids weren't finished enjoying the outdoors. They chose to go for a bike ride/walk around the neighborhood instead and we were happy to go along...
Ending the day with some reading and snuggling...
There are a lot of days that I am running so hard that I don't take time to appreciate this stage of life. It was so nice to have a day set aside to slow down and be together and enjoy each other and just play without normal life distractions. I love them like crazy! It was a favorite day :)
















No comments:
Post a Comment