Friday, May 16, 2014

grove park

We were so blessed with a weekend getaway to Asheville with our sweet buds in early April.  We woke excited and early that Saturday morning and didn't mind the quiet 3hr trip at all :))



We stopped in TR along the way at Jenn's parent's house.  So love that whole family and was glad Papa was there to love on too :)


Before traveling the rest of the way, we stopped to walk through Furman and eat lunch there.  Two really kind students paid for us old folks with their guest passes in the DH :)).  It blows my mind that we are so far from that time in our lives...I don't feel like we're as old as I thought upper 30s were back then!


Such a beautiful campus...


We arrived!  B and I have never been to Asheville or the Grove Park.  It was gorgeous :)


While the boys played golf the first afternoon, Jenn and I went antiquing.  Loved the Tobacco Barn and wished I had a uHaul and a free shopping pass :)


Afterwards, we relaxed and read and visited and laughed to beautiful mountain views and then a cozy fire once the evening air got too cool...pretty much my idea of perfect :)




That night, we had reservations at the amazing buffet there and loved every bit of the food and the time together.  I only got a pic of one plate (my dessert choices), but promise that it was all so delicious!



After dinner, we headed down to the piano bar for fun entertainment and music until late.  Not our typical Saturday night for sure ;)



The next day was our spa day.  As in, a spa DAY.  I realize that we don't "get out much," but I had no idea that there would be so much to do at a spa that you could easily spend several hours (or 8 specifically ;)) and love every minute.  We each had an hour treatment and then spent the rest of the time visiting and going between the different areas and reading and relaxing with no phones or worries.  The opposite of anything that is normal routine...and amazing :))


Dinner and visiting was perfect and beautiful...




...and then we headed to the Palm Atrium for our Catan game.  Other than a spooky ghost story, it was a lovely and typical game where I enjoy the time but never win :))


We are so grateful for the time to be away together and with our besties and relax and have great quality time.  It didn't feel like real life, honestly, and went by way too fast!  Hoping for a re-do someday :)).  While we were there, Bebe was with the kiddos at home and Uncle Slade and his BIL, Josh, visited too for an afternoon.









They all did great!  Thank you, Mom, for your willingness to come and keep them for us to get away.  They loved it and we are so glad that they had such fun with you!  We love you :)

No comments: