Friday, May 2, 2014

the time jen hatmaker messed up my fun girls day

When Jenn invited Suzanne and me to go for a girls' day to hear Jen Hatmaker speak, I have to admit that I was looking forward to a day with two buddies and lots of laughing.  And honestly, that was all :)  


Beautiful theater downtown Savannah



Somewhere around this point, her words began to prick and then dig deep and challenge and convict my heart.  I did do much in the way of laughing, but also cried many tears, knowing that my heart needed/needs change.  We are still in that process but it has already been so good.  I'm so grateful for it all and praying for continual growth and listening to the Spirit and cleaning out the yuckiness of my attitude.  It isn't easy and is not pretty to see parts of myself that aren't godly, but it is worth it to become more like Him.  Looking forward to what He has for us!


Meanwhile, Matt was awesome and kept the MasseyLink kiddos.  We got home at naptime and found this cuteness. He did such a great job!


And the 3 littles.  We thought this would be our last visit to this house in Richmond Hill (more on that later)...the countdown is so ON!  Mid-May and our. buds. are. back.  So so thankful!!

No comments: