We planned on some schoolwork during Spring Break but also wanted to enjoy some playtime and rest. B was busy with round-the-clock work, so mid-week, we spent a fun day with our Rucker buds.
Putt-putt first :)
Our attempt at an artsy pic...the 6 were not on board :(
Afterwards, we headed to a park for lunch and more play. Jen and Garner were representing well in their Masters attire :)
Meanwhile, the bigs found an awesome natural made fort in the woods. So fun!
Later that day, I woke from a rare nap with fever and trembling. Because B had strep the week before, I knew what it was and quickly tracked down some antibiotics. But seriously, it was a no-joke strand and I pretty much didn't move for 3 days. The Ruckers came and got our Gs and kept them overnight since B wasn't available either. I didn't even have the strength to protest. So thankful for them and sad and sorry that a couple of them ended up getting sick from me too :(. Our kids were oblivious and so happy to be with them...
I rotated between the chair and the couch and the bed. At least, there was something on TV to watch :)
And B snuck home a couple of times to give the kids a little attention :))
Later weekend brought renewed health and energy and a visit from our sweet Watson friends. We are so grateful for the opportunity to see them since their move and our kids love their time with their sweet pup, Tate :))
He is so chill and long-suffering and just amazing. Truly the only dog I would keep :)
Miss them all so much and pray for a move closer again one day! All in all, the break was far from what I had planned and we missed a fun Atlanta trip, but still thankful for so much...modern medicine, for example. :) Hopefully, that was it for germs for a long, long while!!














No comments:
Post a Comment