Tuesday, October 21, 2014

big kid baseball

As Gehr has gotten older, the travel baseball pressure has mounted a bit.  It can sometimes seem like it's the only good option, but we are fighting hard to keep from being over-scheduled and missing out on weekend downtime for the fam.  Thankfully, an option came open for this fall that involved a tournament team that doesn't play quite as often or travel as far...and were open to us not playing if games came up on Sundays.  Though it has still been tough to keep up with the practice/play schedule, Gehrig has really enjoyed the time he has had to play with these guys and we are so thankful for their understanding of B's coaching schedule and our commitment to family and church.

I got a little sad when he suited up for the first tournament.  He looks so old wearing his daddy's #17




Sweet buddy and teammate, Cole


I stayed back home with the girls and their schedule commitments that day and was almost teary when B sent this picture of Gehr warming up to start as pitcher the first game!  How is he so so old???  I'm more used to being the girlfriend/wife...it's a new/different feeling of stress to be the mama!




He pitched great and finished the day at his normal shortstop position...


So thankful that my boys get to share the love of this game...and continually praying for wisdom in the area of youth sports and other extracurricular activities.  B and I both benefitted from them greatly but so want to keep time for family and friends and ministry and rest too.  I can't imagine how tough it will be once the girls are more involved too!  Guess we'll take it a season at a time :)

No comments: